Recently we faced an issue of form not submitting with all form fields. Let me describe the issue in details.
In CiviCRM, when creating a new Contact or updating an old one, selected tags were not saving. This was working before but suddenly this issue arose. After thorough investigation we discovered that not all fields of the form was posted or in other words the PHP $_POST variable have not listed all fields. In our Windows machine we got all the fields but in Linux box the issue existed. First we thought the issue might have caused due to the PHP directive “post_max_size”, though it was set to 24M. We tried with updating it to 128M. But the issue was still there.
Then we searched Google and got a clue from http://akrabat.com/php/missing-fields-in-_post/. Our server was using PHP 5.3.22. So, we looked for the “max_input_vars” directive which was new since 5.3.9, it was set to 1000 by default. We increased the number to 2000 and the issue was resolved.
Due to the number of groups in the form, the field number increased to more than 1000. So, PHP was truncating the POST data and at most 1000 fields were returned. That’s why Tags fields were not listed in the $_POST variable.
In one of our Drupal projects, when the CRON URL was accessed it was showing the Access Denied page. After doing some R&D we found that the issue was due to the Apache Solr module. The Apache Solr module’s CRON function was failing to index nodes. Finally we found the reason why this was failing and redirecting to Access Denied page. The reason was we had implemented the hook_node_view() to check permission when content of a particular type was accessed. So, when Apache Solr tried to index content of this type, it was failing to do so due to the permission required to view the content. It then redirected the call to access denied page. After bypassing the code in hook_node_view() with the following condition it started working.
'search_index' != $view_mode
FYI, $view_mode is the second parameter of hook_node_view().
The following link gave us an idea about the issue.
My WordPress plugin WP Reroute Email has been approved and I have released the first version of it.
This plugin intercepts all outgoing emails from a WordPress site, sent using the wp_mail() function, and reroutes them to a predefined configurable email address. This is useful in case where you do not want email sent from a WordPress site to reach the users. For an example, to resolve an issue you downloaded production database to your development site and you want no email is sent to production users when testing. You may enable this plugin in development server and reroute emails to your given email address.