By default cURL is disable in XAMPP installation. If you want to enable cURL of your XAMPP environment then uncomment the following line:
in the C:\Program Files\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini file (assuming you have installed XAMPP in “C:\Program Files” folder).
If you plan to switch version of PHP in XAMPP you may made the change in following files (assuming you have installed XAMPP in “C:\Program Files” folder):
- C:\Program Files\xampp\php\php5.ini
- C:\Program Files\xampp\php\php.ini
- C:\Program Files\xampp\php\php4\php.ini
- C:\Program Files\xampp\php\php4\php4.ini
XAMPP comes with MercuryMail. To use it for sending test mails, you can do the followings:
1. Start Mercury Mail from XAMPP control panel.
2. Navigate to Mercury Mail folder in XAMPP installation (Most probably C:\Program Files\xampp\MercuryMail)
3. Double click on mercury.exe and Mercury window will be opened.
4. Go to Configuration -> Local Users
5. Add a user with password (Suppose sajjad)
6. Close this window.
Now you can send mail to sajjad@localhost or firstname.lastname@example.org (Mecury Mail should be started).
To receive mail configure outlook express with localhost as pop3 and SMTP server.
Hope these information will be helpful.